Year at a Glance

Year at a Glance

Monday, October 10, 2011

The Hierophant-The Mystic Dreamer Tarot Deck

OK, now I'm being repetitious.  What a beautiful day it is today!  Happy Thanksgiving to all Canadians.  I can smell your turkeys cooking from here.  I hope you are enjoying the day with friends and family.  Thanksgiving is a time to reflect on all the wonderful people in your life.  Be happy.  Take the time to cement relationships and to make positive memories.  Live is short.  Go out there and embrace it.  :)

Working my way through the major arcana we now come to the card I have the most issues with.

The Hierophant


 

Institutions or the institution of... 
Being Judged
Education
Religion
Knowledge

These, of course, are my interpretations and as I said I have never felt comfortable with The Hierophant.  But let's look at this more closely.   If The Hierophant sparks my intuition as an institution that can mean;

  • the institution of marriage
  • a bank
  • a church
  • college or university 
  • knowledge given in a structured manner
Sometimes a feel that The Hierophant is judging me;

  • at work
  • my family
  • my friends
I see knowledge available to you through standard 'intitutions' like college and universities' as well as a mentor or the wisdom you can gain from an elder.  

I love that the image Heidi Darras has created for The Hierophant doesn't strictly set your mind on religion but  gives a wider range of emotions. The Hierophant from The Mystic Dreamer tarot deck aids my intuition much better than the standard Rider-Waite deck.   


Email today for your personal tarot or rune reading. 








No comments:

Post a Comment